Connect with us

Crime

Troops dealt with ISWAP, retakes Gudumball in Borno after fierce battle

Published

on

Troops dealt with ISWAP, retakes Gudumball in Borno after fierce battle

Troops dealt with ISWAP, retakes Gudumball in Borno after fierce battle

By, James Bwalq

Troops of 401 Special Forces Brigade in conjunction with 19 Brigade Baga have dealt decisively with fighters from the Islamic State for West African Province, ISWAP.

The fight which lasted more than five hours displaces the ISWAP elements, who earlier took control of Gudumbali declaring the area as it’s West African Caliphate.

Sources in the military revealed on Wednesday that the fight yesterday (Tuesday) left many casulties on the side of the ISWAP elements.

It was reported on Monday (sketchy) that the ISWAP fighters made an inroad into Gudumball and has made the area its Manhaja Jundun Khilafah Wylaya West Africa (Caliphate headquarters).

READ ALSO: Adamawa Committee Discharge 119 Inmates To Decongest Prisons

Gudumbali is the headquarters of Guzamala Local Government Area of Borno State and is located approximately 125 kilometres north of the state capital, Maiduguri.

The terrorist group had recently set up a market in Daban Gajere, located very close to Bulwa Bakin Dam and another in Tamfalla in the Marte Local Government Area.

Recently the Borno state governor declared that two council areas are being controlled by terrorists. However, residents of northern Borno told NEWSng that all the local governments northern Borno are still harbouring sizable numbers of fighters from both factions.

Meanwhile earlier on Wednesday morning troops of 25 Task Force Brigade Damboa, Borno State, reportedly burnt down identified Boko Haram/ISWAP Night Market at Gumsuri.

A source who was involved in the fight said they killed seven (7) ISWAP fighters while many fled with gunshots.

Troops dealt with ISWAP, retakes Gudumball in Borno after fierce battle

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Gunmen kill one, abduct two women in Kano

Published

on

Gunmen kill one, abduct two women in Kano

By: Zagazola Makama

Armed men have killed one person and abducted two women in Kwanar Dangora community, Kiru Local Government Area of Kano State.

Zagazola Makama report that the attack occurred at about 12:30 a.m. on Friday when the hoodlums, in large numbers and armed with dangerous weapons, invaded the residence of one Alhaji Ibrahim at Kwanar Dangora.

According to sources, the assailants abducted the two wives of the victim, identified as Safara’u Ibrahim and Attine Ibrahim.

“In the process, one Abdul Usman, 27, of the same address, was shot dead by the attackers.

“Scene of the incident was visited, the corpse was released to his relatives for burial.

“Investigation has commenced and efforts are being intensified to rescue the victims unhurt, trace and arrest the culprits,”said sources.

Gunmen kill one, abduct two women in Kano

Continue Reading

Crime

Police investigate alleged rape of UNILAG student by lecturer

Published

on

Police investigate alleged rape of UNILAG student by lecturer

By: Zagazola Makama

The police in Lagos have commenced investigation into the alleged rape of a 20-year-old female student of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, by a lecturer in the institution.

Sources said the survivor, identified as Owonifari Fiyinfoluwa, a 300-level student of the university, reported the matter to the police on Aug. 28.

“She alleged that on Aug. 22, at about 12 noon, her lecturer, Dr. Samuel Ojogbo, invited her into his office at the university and forcefully had carnal knowledge of her.

“A team of detectives visited the scene and the survivor was taken to a nearby hospital for medical treatment,” said the sources

The sources added that investigation into the case was ongoing.

Police investigate alleged rape of UNILAG student by lecturer

Continue Reading

Crime

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

Published

on

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

By: Zagazola Makama

The Police Command in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has arrested a 40-year-old man who allegedly posed as a soldier to deceive and extort unsuspecting members of the public in Abuja.

Sources said that the suspect, identified as Abdullahi Salisu of Military Pension Board area, was arrested on Monday evening by a police ambush team from Kubwa Division while on routine patrol at FO1, Kubwa.

“On a spot search, one locally made pistol with a cartridge was recovered in his possession.

“A further search conducted at his residence led to the recovery of another locally made gun, as well as clothing and tokens suspected to belong to a civilian JTF unit, which the suspect allegedly used in carrying out criminal activities,” said the sources.

The sources said suspect is currently in custody undergoing interrogation to ascertain his true identity and involvement in other crimes.

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights